Sunday, March 20, 2011

Green Smoothies

Green smoothies are super easy and are full of antioxidants and nutrients.  Although they do not look like the most enticing meal, just close your eyes and your taste buds will thank you.  These smoothies have helped me with obnoxious digestion issues and have significantly increased my energy levels on a daily basis.  I experimented with recipes I found online and came up with what I think is the best (delicious and nutritious!).

Berry Green Smoothie
1 cup spinach                                                           
½ scoop vanilla whey protein powder           
1 tbsp flaxseed                                                           
½ cup blueberries                                                           
½ cup strawberries                                               
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk                                                                       
3 prunes
1 cup water

After blending, I like to add about 8 chopped almonds for a little crunch.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 275
Fat: 9.65g
Protein: 14.1g
Carbohydrate: 37.75g
Fiber: 9g
Sugar: 17.55g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 133mg

This recipe makes about 2 smoothies.  I usually plan on getting 2 meals out of it, but end up eating 1/2 before it even makes it out of the blender :)

No comments:

Post a Comment